Feta & Tomato Risoni Salad | Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta
Recipe & Styling – Kirsten Jenkins
- 200g / 7 oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- OR Aphrodite Marinated Barrel Aged Feta
- OR Aphrodite USDA Organic Feta PDO
- 1 small red onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- juice of 2 lemons
- 400g / 14oz dried risoni
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ basil bunch, leaves picked
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, extra for brushing
- 250g / 8.8oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed, quartered
- 200g / 7oz char-grilled capsicum, skinned & chopped
- 1 cup black pitted olives, roughly chopped
(1) Toss the red onion in half the lemon juice and ½ tsp of sea salt flakes. Set aside to soften and change colour.
(2) Cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside to cool completely.
(3) Using a mortar and pestle pound the garlic, 1 tsp sea salt flakes and basil leaves until a paste forms. Gradually mix in the olive oil and the remaining lemon juice, until combined.
(4) Combine the risoni, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, capsicum and olives. Drizzle over the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Crumble the feta over the top to serve.