Feta and cucumber salad recipe | Studd Sibling Aphrodite Feta, Cucumber and herb salad
- 250g Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 1 kg of cucumbers (We used Persian)
- 1 small red onion
- Salt and white pepper
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh herbs parsley, mint, chives, coriander, tarragon dill roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
01: Peel cucumbers with a peeler, leaving a few narrow stripes of peel. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut them into thin coins. Slice thinly and put in bowl with water and refrigerate for ½ hour.
02: Peel onion and slice as thinly as possible, cover with water and refrigerate for at least ½ hour.
03: In a small jar, whisk together the lemon, garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
04: Shake off excess water of onion and cucumber and arrange loosely in a shallow serving bowl. Dress with 3-4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and gently toss. Crumble the feta over the salad. Next dress the herbs with 1 tbps of the vinaigrette pile high atop of salad. Dig in ASAP.