Feta, Cucumber & Herb Salad Recipe | Studd Sibling Recipe | Aphrodite Feta
- 250g/ 8.8 oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 1 kg of cucumbers (We used Persian)
- 1 small red onion
- Salt and white pepper
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh herbs parsley, mint, chives, coriander, tarragon dill roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
1) Peel cucumbers with a peeler, leaving a few narrow stripes of peel on. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut into thin coins. Set aside.
(2) Peel onion and slice as thinly as possible, cover with water, and refrigerate for at least ½ hour, with cucumbers in a separate bowl in the fridge also.
(3) Meanwhile, in a small jar, whisk together the lemon, garlic, and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(4) Shake off excess water of onion and cucumber and arrange loosely in a shallow serving bowl. Dress with 3-4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and gently toss.
(5) Crumble the feta over the salad. Next dress the herbs with 1 tbsp of the vinaigrette pile high atop of salad. Finish with freshly torn mint.