Baked Brie Recipe | Baked Cheese in it’s Box | Farmhouse Le Marquis Brie
There are few tastier or more seductive snacks than molten cheese – especially if it happens to involve a good product in the first place.
- 250gm / 8oz Le Marquis Brie de Rambouillet
- OR Le Conquérant Camembert
- OR Le Dauphin Soumaintrain IGP
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Splash of red wine
- 1 fresh baguette
(1) Remove the lid and any packaging around the cheese. Gently slice the thin rind from the top. Return the cheese to the box, trimmed side up. Peel the garlic and slice it into shards. Spike four or five of these into the surface of the cheese.
(2) Sit the box on a square of foil and wrap it so that the foil comes 1-2cm / ½" up the sides of the box, making a seal. Pour a couple of glugs of red wine onto the cheese and pop a sprig or two of fresh thyme on top.
(3) Place the cheese either in a baking dish in a hot oven (200˚C/ 400˚F) or on a trivet in the middle of a hot grill in a covered barbecue, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to froth. Remove and let it rest for just long enough for you to cut the baguette, warmed if you like, into spikes before plunging them into the cheese and gleefully ingesting.