Baked Feta Vodka Rigatoni | Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta
Recipe & Styling – Kirsten Jenkins
- 180g / 6.3oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- OR Aphrodite Marinated Barrel Aged Feta
- OR Aphrodite USDA Organic Feta PDO
- 500g / 1lb cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, bruised
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup vodka
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g / 14oz Rigatoni
- 375ml / ¾ cup thickened cream
- basil leaves, for serving
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
(1) Preheat oven to 200ºC fan forced (400ºF). Place the tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, vodka and chilli flakes in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
(2) Place the feta in the centre of the tray and drizzle over the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the garlic has softened and the tomatoes have split.
(3) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
(4) Remove the tray from the oven and add the cream, mash the feta and tomatoes with a fork and mix until well combined. Coat the pasta in the sauce, adding the reserved pasta water if it looks too dry. Season with salt and pepper and divide between serving bowls. Top with the basil leaves.