Charred asparagus, Aphrodite Galoytri and Aphrodite halloumi & dukka
Styling, Photo & Recipe Creation: Kirsten Jenkins
- 90g/ 3.1 oz Aphrodite Galoytri PDO
- 100g. 3.5 oz Aphrodite Halloumi
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g Will Studd Aphrodite Halloumi, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dukka (or spiced dukka)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- Coriander and jalapeno dressing:
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves and stems
- 3 slices pickled Jalapeño
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
(1) To make the coriander and jalapeno dressing, put all the ingredients in the bowl of a small processor, season with salt and pepper and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
(2) Heat half the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the halloumi and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, transfer to a bowl and stir through the dukka. Set aside.
(3) Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Brush the asparagus with the remaining oil and grill for 7 minutes, turning occasionally.
Spread the galoytri over the base of a serving plate, drizzle over the dressing and top with the asparagus and halloumi dukka.