Baked Cheese Recipe in it’s Box | Baked Le Duc Vacherin
See video on how to make here:
- 1 Le Duc Vacherin
- 3 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp red or white wine
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
(1) Preheat oven to 200˚C/ 400˚F.
(2) Blanch garlic cloves for about one minute. Remove and cut in half, vertically. Remove wrapping from Le Duc Vacherin and return the cheese to the box. Wrap base tightly in foil.
(3) Pierce the Le Duc Vacherin in six places and gently push the garlic into the slits.
(4) Pour over the wine making sure it seeps into the cheese. Sprinkle with herbs and freshly ground pepper and replace lid.
(5) Place the cheese on an oven tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, remove the lid. Enjoy this delicious, gooey delight with some fresh crusty bread.