Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe| Rogue River Special Reserve.
David Gremmels shares his Rogue River secret blue cheese house dressing recipe.
This recipe has been evolving for over a decade. Many like Bruce Aidell, Will Studd, Peggy Smith, Christine Hyatt, and Cathy Strange have added to it. It will undoubtedly change in the coming decade but for now it is getting rave reviews at the table.
photo & styling: Kirsten Jenkins
- 4 oz / 110g wedge, crumbled Rogue River Blue Cheese Special Reserve USDA Organic
- 1 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges or a handful of mixed leaves
- 3 oz /80 gm Crème Fraiche
- 1 eshallot, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup full cream milk
- 1 tablespoon of white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine (chardonnay) or sparkling wine, optional
01: Place the cheese, crème Fraiche, eshallot, green onion, milk, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix together with a fork.
02: If you prefer a thinner dressing, add a dash of wine to get your desired consistency.
03: Transfer 2/3 of the dressing into the bowl to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return back to the bowl and mix to combine.
04: Drizzle the dressing over your greens to serve.