Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe| Rogue River Blue Special Reserve Recipe
David Gremmels who make Rogue River Reserve shares his secret blue cheese house dressing recipe. This recipe has been evolving for over a decade. Many like Bruce Aidell, Will Studd, Peggy Smith, Christine Hyatt, and Cathy Strange have added to it. It will undoubtedly change in the coming decade but for now, it is getting rave reviews at the table.
photo & styling:Kirsten Jenkins
- 4oz/110g wedge, crumbled Rogue River Blue Cheese Special Reserve USDA Organic
- 1 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges or a handful of mixed leaves
- 80g/3oz crème fraiche
- 1 eshallot, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup full cream milk
- 1 tbs of white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine (chardonnay) or sparkling wine, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
(1) Place the Rogue River Blue cheese, crème Fraiche, shallot, green onion, milk, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix together with a fork. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add a dash of wine to get your desired consistency.
(2)Transfer 2/3 of the dressing into the bowl to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return back to the bowl and mix to combine.
(3) Drizzle the dressing over your greens to serve.