Rogue River Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
David Gremmels shares his Rogue blue cheese house dressing recipe this holiday season. This recipe has been evolving for over a decade. Many like Bruce Aidell, Will Studd, Peggy Smith, Christine Hyatt and Cathy Strange have added to it. It will undoubtedly change in the coming decade but for now it is getting rave reviews at the table.
- 4 oz / 114g wedge Rogue River Blue Cheese Special Reserve
- Medium Head of Organic Romaine and handful of mixed Greens
- 3 oz /80 gm Cultured Crème Fraiche
- One clove of an Organic Shallot
- One leaf of an Organic Green Onion
- ¼ to ½ Cup Full Fat Whole Organic Milk
- Tablespoon of White Wine or Champagne Vinegar
- One Organic Green Onion
- ¼ cup White Wine preferably stainless or light oaked Chardonnay or Sparkling wine, Champagne for flavor and consistency
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- A sparing pinch of salt
- Garnish with One Organic comice or bosc pear, pinch of dried cranberries and dried salted Oregon Hazelnuts
- Pinch of dried cranberries
- Dry salted hazelnuts
01: Rinse greens thoroughly and pat dry set aside and chill.
02: Crumble blue (use a knife and cube and it will crumble) and place in medium bowl.
03: Add Crème Fraiche, milk, thinly sliced and diced shallot and green onion, White Wine or Champagne Vinegar, pepper and salt.
04: Mix ingredients with a large fork. If consistency is not to your liking add a dash of sparkling wine to liven it and if you prefer a thinner dressing add up to a 1/2 cup.
05: Take two thirds of mixed ingredients and run in blender for a few seconds. Add back to bowl and mix together. Add more Crème Fraishe to thicken or organic milk to thin consistency.
06: Dress greens in separate bowl add to salad plates. Then garnish sparingly with thin slices of pear quartered, a few dried cranberries and Oregon hazelnuts and serve.