Saganaki with Honey & Oregano Recipe | Aphrodite Kefalotyri
Styling and Photo: Kirsten Jenkins
- 1 x Kefalotyri, cut into 2 triangles Artemis Kefalotyri Saganaki
- plain flour for dusting
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 4 sprigs oregano
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ lemon
(1) Rinse the Kefalotyri under cold water then coat with the flour. Shake off any excess.
(2) Cover the base of non-stick frying with the oil and place over medium heat, cook the cheese for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden, adding the oregano sprigs in for the last minute.
(3) Remove the cheese and oregano and clean the pan.
(4) Return the pan to heat with the cheese and oregano, add the honey and lemon and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the honey is bubbling and the cheese is heated through.
(5) Squeeze the lemon over the top to serve.