Ratatouille Cheese Recipe | Studd Sibling with Aphrodite Galotyri
- ½ tub Aphrodite Galotyri PDO
- OR Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini / courgettes cut into 1 cm or ½" dice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 small eggplants / aubergines cut into 1 cm or ½" dice
- 5 medium vine ripened tomatoes - quartered
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 1 cm or ½" dice
- 4 cloves of garlic - smashed
- 400g / 14oz tin of quality crushed tomatoes + 1 tin of water
- balsamic vinegar
- bunch of basil
(1) Our trick is to fry each vegetable in batches individually in 2 tbsp oil - do all the zucchini, then eggplant, until golden brown each side and set aside to dry on paper towel.
(2) Add 2 tbsp of oil and add cut tomatoes and capsicum. Cook until softened.
(3) Add smashed garlic and ½ the basil and stir through. Cook 1 - 2 mins until garlic is starting to brown.
(4) Add tinned tomatoes and full tin of water - simmer and reduce until thickened for around 20 minutes.
(5) Serve with a large dollop of Aphrodite galotyri, torn basil or Aphrodite crumbled feta.
Tips: Best eaten the next day cooled.