Shakshuka Breakfast Recipe with Feta | Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta | Created by The Studd Siblings
- 110g/4oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 4 tbsp evoo
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large capsicum
- 2 tins of quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp harrisa
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 5 eggs
- Bunch of coriander - including roots
- Buttered sough dough bread to serve
(1) Sauté onion in a large frypan with oil with roots of coriander.
(2) Add capsicum and sauté until soft for 10 minutes.
(3) Add garlic and caramelize for 1-2 mins. Then add spices and cook for another 1 minute.
(4) Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
(5) Make wells in the sauce and crack eggs into them. Cover the frypan with a lid or foil and cook for 3-4 minutes until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still a little soft.
(6) Crumble feta over fry pan and chopped coriander.
(7) Serve with buttered toast and eat/ share with forks straight from the pan.