Shakshuka Breakfast Recipe with Feta | Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta | Created by The Studd Siblings
- 110g / 4oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- Bunch of coriander - including roots, washed & chopped
- 1 large capsicum, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp harrisa
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g / 14oz tins of quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 5 eggs
- Buttered sourdough toast to serve
(1) Sauté onion in a large frypan with oil with roots of coriander.
(2) Add capsicum and sauté until soft for 10 minutes.
(3) Add garlic and caramelize for 1-2 mins. Then add spices and cook for another 1 minute.
(4) Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
(5) Make wells in the sauce and crack eggs into them. Cover the frypan with a lid or foil and cook for 3-4 minutes until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still a little soft.
(6) Crumble feta over fry pan and chopped coriander.
(7) Serve with buttered toast and eat / share with forks straight from the pan.