Mushroom Burger Recipe | with El Esparto Farmhouse Manchego | Created by The Studd Siblings
- 125g / 4.4oz Le Conquérant – Beurre de Baratte Butter AOP – French Butter
- 150g / 6oz El Esparto Queso Manchego PDO Curado – Cave Ripened
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tbs chopped herbs (thyme, parsley, basil)
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle in abodo sauce
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 1 salad onion, thinly sliced
(1) Prepare herb butter by mixing together grated garlic with butter (at room temperature), dijon, lemon juice, and herbs. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
(Wrap in cling film and freeze what you do not use. Herb butter can be made up to 2 weeks in advance).
(2) Mix mayonnaise and chipotle. Grate your cheese of choice.
(3) Brush mushrooms clean, remove the stalks. Grill gill side down on a BBQ, turning every 1.5 minutes 90 degrees for around 5 minutes. Flip mushroom and repeat. Add herb butter to gill side and put hood down of BBQ to melt butter.
(4) Cut buns in half and spread the chipotle mayonnaise on both halves. Layer onion then add the mushroom. Finish with grated cheese.