Brazilian Cheese Bread Ball Recipe | from ‘Cheese Slices’ Brazil
- 180gm / 6.5oz Vintage Clothbound Farmhouse Cheddar
- 250ml / 1 cup whole milk
- 125ml / ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 400gm / 14oz tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
(1) Preheat the oven to 190°C / 390°F. Combine the milk, oil and salt in a medium saucepan and gently bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Add all the tapioca flour, stirring continuously until smooth, then remove from the heat. Stir with a wooden spatula until a thick, sticky, grainy dough forms.
(2) Transfer to a bowl and gently beat until smooth, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the grated cheese and knead into the dough with floured hands until it becomes slightly stretchy.
(3) Roll the dough into balls about the size of a ping-pong ball, dampening your hands with water occasionally to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers.
(4) Place in rows on an oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed up and starting to turn golden brow.