Halloumi and Eggplant Recipe | Baharat Oven Roasted Aphrodite Goat Halloumi, Eggplant & Chopped Salad
Photo & Styling: Kirsten Jenkins
- 1 x cut into 3 cubes Aphrodite Goat Milk Halloumi
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 eggplant, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tsp baharat spice, extra to serve
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, trimmed and sliced
- 2 lebanese cucumber pickles, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch dill, leaves picked, chopped
- the juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup greek thick yoghurt
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
(1) Preheat oven to 220 °C/ 425°F. Toss the olive oil and eggplant together on a large baking tray and season with sea salt flakes.
(2) Bake for 20 minutes, carefully turning a couple of times, add the halloumi to the tray and sprinkle over the Baharat spice, roast for a further 10-15 minutes or until both eggplant and halloumi are golden.
(3) Place the tomato, cucumber, green onion, pickles, herbs and lemon juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
(4) Spoon the yogurt over the base of a serving platter, arrange the eggplant and halloumi on top as well as the chopped salad. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle over the chili flakes and extra Baharat spice to serve.