Comté Toastie Recipe | La Couronne Fort Aged Comté
Photo & Recipe Creation Credit: Kirsten Jenkins
- 50g/2oz freshly grated La Couronne Fort Aged Comté AOC
- 125g/4oz Le Conquérant – Beurre de Baratte Butter AOP – French Butter
- 1 tsp harissa
- 2 slices of bread
- Middle eastern pickles / gherkins
(1) For harissa butter, combine 1 tsp harissa with 1 block of softened Le Conquérant butter (this will make plenty - save the rest for another time!).
(2) Butter both sides of bread. Add freshly grated La Couronne Comté and sliced gherkins.
(3) Grill in a toastie maker until golden or fry in a pan - approx 2 mins each side. Rotating the toastie will make it extra crunchy.
(4) Cut in half and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!